Work and Travel USA
Work, travel, meet new people and practice English
The Work and Travel USA Program
Designed for university, vocational training or other higher education students, with this program you can travel to the USA and experience both the culture and get paid to work at a number of different types of jobs. The duration of the course is between 4 weeks and 4 months. Keep in mind that the more time you spend there, the easier it will be to receive a job offer.
We take care of the program preparation to guarantee you a unique and unforgettable experience, we offer different jobs in different states and find you adequate accommodation for your time there. Our coordinators will be with you every step of the way. We will legally handle the necessary documents for the visa process to ensure that everything goes well at the embassy. Basically, we organize the trip for you and take care of the complicated parts. We will be there to help you with anything you may need.
The company that you work for may offer you accommodation which will be discounted from your salary or the accommodation will be apart from the work environment. Normally there are residences where you will live with other American and foreign students that are also traveling.
Types of Work
The types of jobs that you will have to do can be as a lifeguard, waiter, receptionist, housekeeper, park ranger, camp monitor, sales assistant and many more options. To be able to find the job that best fits each person, the first thing we do is look at your studies and your experience, to filter the list of possible companies to work for, from which you will select to whom your application is sent. The salary and conditions of each job position are different, it all depends on how much you want to work. You will have the option to look for a second job while you are on the trip, but it is not guaranteed. Think of the trip as a cultural experience, it is normal that one doesn’t save up a lot of money while doing the program, normally the salary will cover your living expenses and a big part of the program costs.
Examples of jobs in the USA
Fun Zone Games
Harry Caray's Tavern
Grand Traverse Resort
Movie Theater and coffee
To be able to work in the USA it is necessary to have the appropriate visa, which we will help you obtain. The J-1 visa will allow you to work legally and without complications.
All of the Work and Travel programs include medical insurance so that you are covered in case of emergency and is compatible with whichever other type of insurance that you want to have for the trip.
- Be between 18 and 28 years old.
- Have completed at least a semester, quarter semester, or trimester of vocational training, university or higher education and be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Have an intermediate level of English and be able to communicate (you will take a level test).
- Be in good health, proven by a medical certificate, and not be pregnant.
- Come to the USA with at least 1000 dollars at the time of arrival in the country.
- Not have a criminal record.
- Pass the face-to-face interview.
- Personal interview
- English test
- Job offer
- Accommodation proposal
- Necessary documentation for the J-1 visa process
- Medical insurance for up to 4 months
- Assistance throughout all of the processes
- Student Program Handbook
- 24 hour assistance
- Visa processing expenses at the embassy and other associated fees (SEVIS).
- Flights and transport expenses.
- Daily expenses such as accommodation, food, activities, etc…
Work and Travel Program Price – 1.500€
*Non-refundable 300€ registration fee that will be discounted from the total price.
- Between May and October 2016
- Registration must be done before April 1, 2016