Au Pair in USA
Work with children while you discover a new culture
AU PAIR IN USA
Au Pair is a program where you live with a host family in exchange for accommodation, food and a weekly financial incentive. It’s designed for young adults that can have the opportunity of travelling, working and getting to know american culture. In this program you will be considered another member of your host family, providing childcare and upkeep of the household.
The Au Pair program lasts for 1 year minimum. The objective of this program is to learn a new language and culture while avoiding elevated costs. Most young adults look for this type of alternatives to live and work outside of their country, and also to promote independence and maturity
We offer a unique and unforgettable experience at Dreaming California, and we will be in charge of starting your journey towards success. You will have a great opportunity to grow and learn with the Au Pair program. We will help you find the best accommodation options for your needs, we have coordinators which will help you during this process, from the necessary legal paperwork for the visa application, until everything goes through at the embassy.
To embark on your journey towards american soil you must have the adequate visa, we will help you to get the J-1 visa that allows you to join the Au Pair program legally.
All of the Work in USA programs include health insurance to make sure you are covered in case of emergency, and is also compatible with other insurance you want during your trip.
- You must be between 18 and 26 years of age
- That you like children, doing fun and responsible activities with them
- Have an intermediate english level
- Have enough maturity and independence to adapt successfully in another culture, you’ll have to adapt to your host family’s lifestyle.
- Have at least 200 hours in childcare experience.
- Commit to completing the Au Pair program for a 12 month period.
- Completed High School/ Baccalaureate at least.
- Highly recommendable to have a driver’s license
- Living with an american family
- Plane ticket
- Weekly economic compensation
- Private bedroom and meals at your host family’s home.
- A local coordinator at your assigned state.
- A 500 USD academic fund, to pay for any classes of interest at a school or university in your assigned community.
- Two weeks of paid vacations and a weekend off every 15 days.
- Assessment in visa application and filing.
- Complete insurance against accidents and illness with no copayment.
- Personal expenses
- Travelling documents
- Visa expenses
- Au Pair Program Price– 850€.
- We accept registrations all year around
- Before your trip calculate 2 or 6 months in advance to prepare paperwork for the Au Pair Program
SPECIALIZED AU PAIR
If you have experience with special needs children , we have a Specialized Au Pair program. There will be more families wishing to count on you, and the weekly economic incentive is larger. As a requisite you must have higher education related to special needs childcare: Occupational therapy, physiotherapy , social studies, education or a special needs specialist, etc..